"FREE Elementary Basketball Drills"
Get your free 136 page eBook loaded with some of the best elementary basketball drills that you'll find anywhere...
We've created a brand new eBook crammed with 70 of our favorite basketball drills... And it's completely FREE! It includes
complete step by step illustrations, easy to follow instructions, motivation tips, and coaching tips for all 70 drills!
The drills are divided into the following categories:
We're giving away the eBook for free because we want to motivate people to sign up for our Free Basketball Newsletter (which is completely optional for you). In any case, you win no matter what because...
- Shooting Drills
- Passing Drills
- Ball Handling Drills
- Offense / Footwork Drills
- Big Man Drills
- Transition Drills
- Defensive Drills
- Rebounding Drills
- Conditioning Drills
You get an extremely valuable eBook for FREE (without any obligation to buy or sign up for anything)!! In fact, if you don't want us to, we will never bother you again.
So if you'd like to receive the 136 page eBook, enter your name and email address -- and we'll email you the download instructions!
We guarantee that we will never send you spam or share your email address. We HATE spam too!
Here are a Few Sample Elementary Basketball Drills and Some Tips to Follow When Using the Drills
Elementary Basketball Drill #1 - Dribble Drive
This drill is designed to teach players how to make moves to shake off defenders and keep their dribble under control.
Points of Emphasis
- Players will all line up where the sideline and baseline meet. All of the players will have a basketball.
- On the whistle, the first player in line will dribble up to a cone that is set up and make a move of their
choice (behind the back, between the legs, crossover, spin move) and move on to the next cone.
- As soon as the first player passes the first cone, the next player will begin. This process will
continue until everyone is finished.
- Two more cones will be set up at various points on the court, and different dribble moves of the
player's choice will be executed at each cone.
- When the player reaches the opposite baseline, they will sprint to the other end and make a
lay-up and go to the back of the line.
Continually tell your players to...
Motivation / Teaching Tips
- Mix up the dribble moves you do at each cone.
- Keep the ball under control!
- Shoot the lay-up with the correct hand (left side = left hand).
- Keep your head up and don't look at the ball.
- Keep your knees bent (don't stand upright) when making your move.
Tip #1 - Make your players perform this drill with
their right hand and left hand, emphasizing the hand in which the player has the least confidence.
Tip #2 - sing a stationary defender instead of cones is always an option. If you want, have
the defender challenge the dribbler a little bit, instructing them to take a swipe at the ball as the player goes by.
Tip #3 - Make sure your players are keeping their dribble below their waist at all times. If the players start dribbling
the ball too high, it becomes much easier for a defender to steal the ball.
© Copyright 2010 WinningDrills.com
5001 1st Ave. SE, Ste 105 #254
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402